We’re like-minded, curious, excitable people here at Chiliz who work well in teams, spread across the globe. Chiliz is a global blockchain company, which powers Socios.com - the creators of Fan Tokens, and the popular fan rewards platform.
Socios has partnered with some of the world’s best teams, including Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, FC Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid, UFC, Galatasaray, Manchester City FC, Davis Cup, and many more.
The curious nature of a Chilizen is what drives this company forward, and since we’re looking to grow even more, apply for your dream role today.
OUR BRANDS & CHANNELS
Chiliz ($CHZ) is our digital currency for blockchain-backed platforms and products as well as mainstream users, which powers Socios.com.
ChilizX is a first-of-its-kind mobile and desktop crypto exchange for sports & entertainment products.
Socios.com is the world's first fan influence and rewards platform. We produce digital assets called Fan Tokens for our partner teams, which fans use to vote in team-specific polls to earn rewards and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Due to continued growth we’re looking to recruit an Android engineer to join our IT team. You’ll be responsible for building the mobile app exchange for fan tokens on Android. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
This role is available for all qualified candidates based in Europe. Remote working arrangements will be provided either based on a Full-time employment contract or consultancy agreement depending on the tax residency within the EU.
As an Android engineer you will be part of a Feature team (Squad) consisting of a Team Lead, a Product Owner, a couple of Native, Frontend, Backend and QA Engineers. The Feature Team collaboratively works together to deliver features, from inception to implementation, across our products following the SCRUM methodology.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Java, and SQL DB technology, as well as experience working with REST/gRPC APIs. They will be responsible for full stack mobile app development, ensuring code quality and implementing new features. The successful candidate will also be a great team player, able to mentor junior members and contribute to a positive, collaborative working environment.
- Perform full stack hands-on mobile development for native mobile app design and implementation on Android
- Work autonomously and take ownership with a high degree of integrity
- Improve existing features and build new features for the product
- Grow and mentor the technical skills within the team and create development opportunities for them
- Write documentation to avoid having “black-box” pieces of code in the codebase
- Guide the way of working within the team
- Able to guide the way of working within the team
- Lead and build a team of developers.
- Ensure correct code implementation with quality, stability, and readability in mind
- Be a force of technical and functional proposals
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate development activities
- Operate without unnecessary amounts of bureaucracy, without overhead and with pragmatism in mind.
- Research new approaches to make products better, faster, and more secure; share findings with the rest of the team
- Provide technical feasibility and estimations for tasks
- Learn, implement, and use new technologies in the projects
- 5 + years of experience building and delivering Android applications
- Strong understanding of Kotlin and Java
- Experience leading a significant app effort or senior member of a large app development team.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Experience with concurrent programming and multi-threaded designs.
- Ability to create Android module, library and integrate third-party SDKs and libraries
- Familiarity with REST APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience working with product and engineering teams on all phases of a product’s lifecycle (planning through retrospective)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be able to work on MacOS.
- We offer you the chance to grow, to learn, to flex your creative muscles and to work for a project that is providing excitement to thousands of users.
- Our interview phase is a 3-step process where you’ll be able to ask us anything and get to know your team too.
- From HR right through to your team lead, we need this process to work both ways: It's not just about you fitting in, but about us being the right fit for you too.
- Are you ready to work with the world’s best teams? Are you happy to try, fail and bounce back? Are you excited to keep pushing the boundaries of technology?
- We’ve got offices across the world, over 30 nationalities in our ranks and the most important superpower of all - flexibility.
- Our competitive salaries, wellness allowance, healthcare and pension plan are just the tip of the iceberg. You’ll gain friends, experience and a good challenge, we’ll gain you.
About this role
Job posted on
June 21, 2023
Fullstack Blockchain Developer
MintDAO • Remote, Poland
Casper Labs • Remote, UK
Casper Labs • Remote, Global
Tokenomia.pro • Remote, Poland
Planet Finance • Remote
Solidity Engineer - (Smart contracts)
Planet Finance • Remote