Who is coinpass.com
Coinpass is a UK based cryptocurrency exchange servicing retail, business, and institutional clients across a varied number of products and services. We serve the UK and European crypto markets as a GBP and Euro on/off ramp, crypto trading, and investment platform with a global ambition to service users in 100+ countries.
Coinpass Limited (coinpass.com) is registered with the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as a crypto-asset business.
Our mission is to be more than just an exchange. Our vision: to blur the line between crypto and finance into a single digital layer.
What you will be doing:
Coinpass is a tech savy start-up company, within this position, you will be able to jump in and make an impact with an existing team instantly. As an Android Developer you will be working alongside a small technical team consisting of Developers, QA Testers, Head of Product plus the CTO.
The selected candidate will be part of the existing team to define, scope, and implement project phases. We have new and existing projects that we have already planned for our mobile app so by completing this work it allows our customers to trade and invest in crypto.
The role will be Monday – Friday, allowing you to spend quality time with your family / friends (We work 40 hours per week)
You will have the opportunities for cross-team collaboration which will enable you to learn new things. Overall, we will help you become a more versatile developer plus open your mind further into the crypto world.
This role will involve planning, design, development, and maintenance of our mobile application. We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer / Android Developer with a passion for building native Android applications that focus on the customer experience. You will be a part of the Development team supporting our app available in the Google Play Store.
You will be part of a small team developing our Android app that will be an important component in the next generation of mobile communications for coinpass. You will interact with other app developers, as well as developers responsible for the web version of the product and the server-side infrastructure that supports the user-facing components, and with our IT Support team.
- Able to edit code and build native Android apps using Java & Kotlin
- Experience working with Git and GitHub. You also have knowledge of how to do offline storage, threading, or performance tuning in an Android app.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming concepts.
- Work within a tech team to prioritize and implement new application features, while simultaneously maintaining the quality of existing features and functionality
- Following agile methodology and attending daily scrum calls to get the daily updates from the team.
- Interacting with client for product requirements and daily updates on JIRA Board for project Progress Tracking purpose by following Agile methodology.
- Tracking application behaviour and performance by using Crashlytics tool to get real time data.
- Working closely with the Development Lead, QA Engineers and UX Designers, to understand needs and how best to deliver innovative solutions to meet and exceed expectations.
- Interact with the Quality Assurance team on daily basis to maintain and resolve applications bugs related to performance, quality of application.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Document the Error Handling in application for better understanding of the error which can occurs in the applications.
- Perform PR reviews on daily basis to maintain code quality of the applications.
- Strong knowledge of the Java programming language.
- Estimate tasks, deliver on commitments, and prioritize activities accordingly.
- Proven experience delivering one or more apps to the Google Play Store.
- Use software version control like Git and issue tracking tools to manage software changes.
- experience with OpenGL and game engines (AndEngine);
- Code, integrate, test, troubleshoot and refine software deliverables to produce the highest quality solution that meets the functional and software requirements.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with contemporary Android architectural components and lifecycle management: MVVM, View Model, Live Data, Data Binding.
- Strong understanding of Android SDK, Android Studio, and various Android libraries and tools.
- Working on tools and technologies like Android Studio, Java, Jira, Bit Bucket, GitHub, third party libraries.
- Knowledge on how to interface with GraphQL or REST APIs from an Android app.
- Experience with tracking project work through Azure Dev Ops or similar AGILE technologies
- Design, write and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable application code by following good code practices using Java and Kotlin.
- Experience developing Android apps and familiarity with the Android application development model,
- 3+ years of mobile development experience
- 3+ years of experience with Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience with Restful APIs and web sockets
- Test Driven Development experience (TDD)
- Unit Testing on Mobile
- Track record of making technical decisions
- Proven experience of working in fast-paced / early-stage companies
- Bank Holidays paid for my company (for your current location).
- Competitive salaries.
- Promote from within first policy.
- Financial incentives.
- 100% remote.
- 21 Days holiday for Employees
- Free Training available to everyone via our online courses.
- Yearly bonus can be available to anyone once they have been within the company for more than 6 months.
- Flexible working
- Company merch – hoodies, Tshirts.
- Monthly Townhall meetings for the full company to feel part of an overall team.
- Full Induction to the company via training on our systems with your direct manager.
About this role
Job posted on
May 17, 2023
- Mobile Development
Perks & Benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits